I promised it was coming and here it is The Inaugural Podcast of the The Simple Strategies for Startups Blog
And in this first episode we have Mr. John Fox.
John is president and founder of Venture Marketing. He has extensive hands-on experience as an entrepreneur and C-level new business developer for technology–enabled businesses. Get this…John has led the launch or re-launch of 44 companies, resulting in double and triple-digit growth for every client served.
But truth is in the interview, he said that number is pretty low now.
He’s been featured in numerous publications and radio programs, including BusinessWeek, Chicago Tribune, Crain’s Chicago Business, Crain’s B2B, PCWeek/eWeek, the Advertising Show, and he’s a columnist for the Huffington Post.
His work has been endorsed by marketing gurus such as Seth Godin, Guy Kawasaki, Perry Marshall, Al Ries, Ben McConnell, and etc.
He is an author, speaker, and a really great guy.
In this interview we talk about:
- The main mistakes startups make when going to market
- Why most startups focus on painting the product than selling the product (ouch!!)
- Why the best customers are those who DONT know you
- Why he will ONLY work with the “champion” of the company
- Why he uses a 19 point…yes I am not kidding you…a 19 point system in screening customers and what you can learn from it.
Links Mentioned In This Show
- 99 Questions to Jump Start Your Partner Channel Brain
- Marketing Playbook: The Manual for Growing Organizations
- John on Linkedin
- John on Twitter
- John on Google +
Now I Pass It On To You…
What do you think of the inaugural broadcast? What improvements can we implement? Can you think of any other guests?
Oh…by the way…could you do me a favor and share the crap out of this. I’ll be grateful