This post is a looong time coming.
Truthfully, I should’ve written it the day after it happened. Stupid!
But with the all the news circling about Facebook’s ads:
And then this one today:
I Love Facebook Ads
I do love Facebooks ads!
I’m not even gonna lie.
I’m not saying this to suck up to any Mark. Zuckerbergs…its just true. I love them more than Google ads. I was nervous in saying that cause we got Perry Marshall coming to our upcoming online conference. But with his new book: Ultimate Guide to Facebook Advertising (don’t worry no affiliate link) I don’t think he’ll mind!
Again I love FB ads!
Alright…but let’s get to the nitty gritty. You didn’t pop click on this to hear my undying love for Facebook!
1. Find the Right Subject
I tried the same strategy with Jeremy Lin…hasn’t been that effective. He’s not a 50 cent. This is nothing new though. Ryan Holiday used this same strategy to get in contact with Tucker Max. It’s simple: find someone who loves hearing about themselves, talk about them, and become friends!
2. Write a Conflicting Post
Did you catch the title: what 50 cent could teach Christian Entrepreneurs! And I made sure to use this photo:
What could THIS GUY teach CHRISTIAN Entrepreneurs???
- Lady Gaga taking her entourage to Chick Fil for a sandwich
- Mike Huckabee at a Lady Gaga Concert with his right hand imitating the monster claw
- Money is “the root of all evil”…so let’s talk about some Christian billionaires
- Jesus was the humblest Man on the face of the earth…so pick a fight the way He did!!
3. On to Facebook
Facebook was simple. Group the two polarizing figures together:
Optimize the ad a little bit: age, demographics, location, and etc.
And yes I did use the above photo. $30 later the post was on his site!
Biggest Mistakes I Made
I didn’t know about Derek Halpern’s drafting technique at the time.
Had I known I would’ve
- Cold-emailed bloggers and journalists, showed them a snapshot of my post on his site, and wrote up the steps for them.
- Guest posted the steps on a popular blog
- Or just do what I did today: write it up on my blog